13 July 2007

Orientation- Saturday July 7th


Today on our second day of orientation we got to go snorkeling and scuba diving on the great barrier reef. I was soo excited about this experience, this is something many people want to do before they die and most australians have never done before and they live here. I got to do it at the age of 22. It was absolutely amazinng, simply incredible!!! I couldnt believe this was really happening...AMAZING!!

The boat left with our crew of 80 some students are 8 am...and we then sat back and relaxed for the next two hours as it was a 2 hour boatf ride out to the reef. It was nice though because we all had the chance to get to know others and enjoy the surroundings and even some got the chance to sleep. It was absolutely gorgeous and the water was soo clear, I was incredibly amazed at my surroundings.

Then it was time to snorkel, I couldn't wait to see what people from all over the world come to this very reef to see. As far as I could tell from this moment, it wasnt anything special. But, I put on my wetsuit, grabbed some flippers and goggles and jumped right in. It was a little hard to get used to the whole snorkeling thing at first. It was something I have never done before and I didn't exactly know how it was done. But eventually I calmed down and throughly enjoyed being in this unimaginable place. It felt like I was in a dream, swimming next to sea turtles and sting rays and seeing Nemo up close and personal was just amazing. I dont think there would be any other way I could experience that.

No comments: