17 July 2007

Orientation @ La Trobe (Day Two)


Today it was FREEEZZIINNGG!!! Well orientation begun at 9:30 for morning tea... otherwise known as breakfast. I left the halls at 9, because of course its a 30 minute walk. Ten minutes after I left the rain came down like a MONSOON and of course I had to continue walking in it because I had no other way to get to uni. So I kept struggling along.. hoping I wouldnt get a cold by the end of it. I finally got to uni by 9:20...and it felt like I had been walking for hours. My legs hurt and I was SOAKED. Thank god I was able to eat when I got there. My legs felt frozen and numb. I was wearing jeans and they had totally changed colour because they were so wet and of course they stayed wet for most of the day so I just got colder, and colder throughout the day. HA and they say it never rains.. haha.

So today we had some more people come and talk to us and tell us about things we hope to find out about or know about for the semester. Then we got a tour of the city of Bendigo, and they told us where the best place was to buy this and that it was actually very helpful. Then we went to the China Dragon Muesum. Bendigo was founded on a gold mine in which the Chinese found so this muesum told the history of Bendigo which was really interesting to me. They have a parade every easter for it and its extrodinary and massively huge which is crazy because the town really isnt that big. After we did that we headed back- and thankfully they dropped me off at my hall. I didnt have to walk 30 minutes again in the Rain.. and HAIL!!

Now I am just waiting for tea.. or dinner whatever you perfer. Watching this movie, its an Australian film called "Mermaids". Its interesting to watch! Well I think I'm gonna get off here and finish the movie, head to tea and hang out with my new friends :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Go get your bike, or better yet get a big handsome Aussie to "transport" you to class. I vote for door number two!