07 August 2007

Why me? Gah.. hate being sick.

There always comes a time of sickness when going to school or Uni, and low and behold I have caught it. You know I use to never get sick, but now it seems like I am getting sick more and more. AH oh well- its life. I'll begin with yesterday's events...

Yesterday, Monday, was obviously the first day of class for the week. It really wasnt a bad day given the fact that I was up until 2:30 am only because I was talking to my best friend at home, Megan, who I havent talked to since I left the country. Anyways, I got up and had some lunch over at the dining hall and then relaxed a bit until Georgia got here to pick me up for class. When she got here, I grabbed my kilo of clay and my pottery set and headed out the door. We chatted a bit in the car, and she explained that its her boyfriend's birthday next monday and his family is coming to surprise him so she wont be coming to class next week. Anyways, we were a bit late but its ok because he just talks and talks and never really makes any point without going in circles so really we didnt miss much. He explained how to mix colored clay into white clay and then we had our first go on the wheels. Let me just tell you- these things are not as easy as they may look. Everytime I tryed to make something it either got too thin and broke or got too wet and slipped off the wheel. Hopefully with time, I will get better at it. But, by the end I was covered in clay and he headed to tea and a hall meeting. In the hall meeting Lisa explained our plans for the Shibang on wednesday it is an event with all the halls kind of like an obstacle course from what I gather- its all a competition and each hall has to dress in a different color. We got blue.

...Oh and I almost forgot, I got a phone. Lisa went to town today and bought me a SIM card package and and old phone from home. So now i'm in the loop of connection. I have a phone, and they helped me to instal MSN- which is their version of AIM.

Today, tuesday, I didnt really have anything to do since I dont have class on tuesdays or wednesdays.. but unfortunately I woke up very sick. When I called Ryan when I woke up he could tell something was wrong- I could barely talk. Of course, with my luck if I am going to get sick it would be this week- the week when I had the most to do. I woke up with a runny nose, ears that wouldnt stop popping and and sore throat. What a wonderful start to this day it was. I layed in bed until lunch time when I then slipped on my crocks and walked out the door. When I got there I tryed to eat some lunch and all I could get down was some rasin bread and some carrots (too bad they werent the brown sugar ones mom makes.. they are the best ones I have ever had!)...so then I went back and layed down for a while. At 2 pm, Lisa Paulie Kimba and I went to Spotlight with was like a party store to get some stuff for the Shibang-I was really not feeling up for anything so I just followed and got what I needed. When I got back I came back and tryed to take a nap but of course my sickness kept me up so I just layed there with my head on my pillow because it relives my head ache some.

Tea time came and we all gathered together and headed out the door. As soon as the line started moving I started get light headed and within a moments time I couldnt see in front of me. Ash said I looked very pale, and when I got up to choose my dinner I couldnt even see what my choices were so I just took the first plate I saw and went straight to the table to sit down to try and get some color in me. I tryed to eat it but for some reason lost my appetite, so I wrapped it up and took it back and havent gotten my appetite back yet. Its just not been the best day, I was going to go out for Laims birthday tonight but with the looks of things its best I stay in and get some rest.

As I am writting this its only about 8 pm and I am thinking about turning over for bed. I have some medicine that Ash gave me and hopefully it will help me sleep. I hope this wears off soon because the rest of the week can not be missed. Thursday I am going over to Georgia's for some drinks and games and friday "Big Weekend" begins. Kareoke on friday night, Pub Crawl saturday and 1/4 mile walk...and footy match with free Goon on sunday. It will be an eventful weekend. As for me, I'm off to bed to knock this sickness away! Hope everyone is doiing well... miss you all

4 comments:

A.J. said...

Feel better poopy doopy.

Mandi Stevens said...

anyone know who a.j is?

Mom said...

You need to take Advil and have a hot bath and some tea & toast! Is there a clinic on campus? Miss you..Mum

Anonymous said...

A.J is Aunt Jill