05 August 2007

A quiet Weekend: August 3-5, 2007

This weekend was a quiet one, but a good one at that. You see, most people go home on the weekends here so most weekends will be very empty here at the halls. Most dont have classes on fridays so most everyone heads out on Thursday. From as far as I can find out, this weekend is alot of people's last chance to go home for a while because those that party have some pretty big weekends coming up. So, this weekend it was pretty dead around here. It was only Diane ( we all call her Di) and I here on the bottom floor and about 4 people here upstairs in all of our hall. It was nice though because I got to get to know the few girls that were here.

Saturday, no one really did much but sit upstairs in the common room and watch TV and sleep and such. Then Di, Lisa and I decided to go for Tea and then later catch The Simpsons Movie. We went out and got Pinky's Pizza for tea it was good and of course I tryed my favorite Hawiian Pizza. It was very different, very sweet and bitter but it was still pizza I persume. Di got some BBQ type pizza- doesnt sound tasteful to me but who knows. They had all types of crazy toppings and names for their pizza's but apparently the best pizza there was the Margarita Pizza...didnt even ask what was on that but oh well. After sitting upsatirs in the common room and stuffing ourselves we only had about an hour until the movie. So we got ready and headed out.

We got to the Cinemas (never refered to as a Movie theater here) and stood inline for the 7:30 showing of The Simpsons Movie. I must say movies are VERY expensive here, and I probably wont see another movie here. We were able to get a consession discount price, which is like a student price. But, even with a student ticket our tickets were $12 each. THATS NOT EVEN FULL PRICE!! I thought that was just absurd for one movie ticket...so of course we just went straight to the movie not even thinking about consessions. The theater was small but we were able to find 3 seats together in the middle section up top so we sat down and got comfortable for the movie.

After the movie, we talked about it and decided that they shouldnt play so many ads for movies anymore. Really all the good parts were shown in the ads so its kind of ruined it...but lucky for me, I dont watch barely any TV to have seen many of the ads so I thought it was good. Anyways, we got back and warmed up some more pizza and finished it off and watched Catch me if you can as it was playing on the Telly when we got in- we were all exhausted from doing nothing today that we headed to bed around 11pm.

Sunday was another quiet day and actually I didnt leave my hall at all today. I got up and talked to Ryan for a bit as it was about 8pm there and he was heading into his night job and wouldnt get off till 3 am. Then I went back to bed until about 11, thats when all the high schoolers were coming through for open day. They were showing 2 rooms one which was across the hall from me, Aaron's room and I could hear everything that they were saying and explaining to the kids and then they walked down about 4 doors and showed another room. This happened every 20 minutes from about 11 until 3. I stayed in my room with the exception of making some lunch until it was over.

Then Lisa, RA Lisa, came to my room and told me she had grabbed an old phone from home so I could use it while I was here to keep in touch with my friends. I thanked her gratefully and asked her about her weekend and her date. Now I can go to the supermarket and buy a SIM card package for A$20 and use it as pay as you go to keep in touch with friends here. It was nice of her to think of me while she was home, and she told me I had to come home with her before I leave. I agreed.

After talking with Lisa I went up and watched some footy in the commons room with Di and Lisa and then went and got Maccas (McDonalds) with them for tea. When we got back we ate and watched Australian Idol- haha. It was good but its the beginning so their are alot of bad people.. but its so funny watching this one compared to American Idol with Simon.

Anyways..next weekend should be fun. Its this weekend called "Big Weekend" and its something campus does. Their is Kareoke on friday night, footy game on sunday, a pub crawl saturday night and a 1/4 mile marathon I think saturday during the day. So it should be a good weekend!! Also, I think we are all going out tuesday for Laim's birthday.. so looks like I have alot going on! Hope its fun!

Hope all is well back home, miss you tons. I've offically been here for a month :)

No comments: