14 August 2007

A Good Day!!!! - 14 August 2007

What a good day!!! I know I just posted on sunday, but with a day like today I couldn't help but post again!! I havent really done much this week except for work on project for my graphic design class, I mean it is only tuesday night.

Okay, so why was today such a good day??? Well I got an email from my best friend and a card from my mom is the same day!! It was soo awesome and made me feel so great. I woke up this morning at the deathly hour of 8 am (because I was in bed asleep by 10 pm last night) and checked my email and to my surprise got a wonderful email from my bestest friend!! Its so lovely to hear from her because shes not really a computer person so its great to get something from her every now and again- its really the best way to communicate here.

Anyways, for the next few hours I played around in photoshop working on designing my tissue box. I got alot of it done, and knew I would probably be able to complete it by the end of the day. One less thing I need to worry about this week. Anyways, I waited until 11 am (my time). Thats when Ryan was calling, it would be 9 pm there and we would get to catch up on the days activities before he heads to bed before another 6 am start.

After talking to Ryan, I headed over to the dinning hall for lunch at noon, I had some rasin toast ( my favorite!) and an extra long hotdog! HAHA. They have this awesome toaster, you just lay your bread in and its takes it through a conveyor belt type thing and its done within 30 seconds. Anyways...then it was time to head to uni to get some things done. I decided to wonder my way to uni on the trail that I found out about this weekend, Hil showed it to me on the walk to the walk on saturday morning. I decided that since I didnt have to be there at a certain time, it would be the perfect time to find my way there in case I get lost. It turns out it wasnt bad at all, and it was quiet a nice walk actually. It was a trail and pretty interesting walk not just walking on a sidewalk. I'll probably stick with this trail for the rest of the semester!!

Anyways once I got to uni I headed to the SU to go to the BSA desk and pay for my trip this weekend! I filled out a health form, and got an itinerary and was all set for this weekend! Good thing I came in to pay today because there was only one more spot left after me! So excited, I leave saturday morning!! Then I walked over to the multimedia lab where I finished my tissue box and sent it over to media services to get printed. Paper sizes are soo different over here, they dont really label the size by the width and height and if they do its in cm's so its hard to distinguish what I actually need. But, luckily for this project he told us to print 90% on SR-A3 paper so this time I knew what I was doing. I really have no idea what A3 means but it worked for what I needed it to. I got it printed successfully, and paid the $3 for the print.

I was done at uni for the day, so I took my print and walked on back to the halls. When I got there I borrowed Di's scissors and glue and talked her while I folded up my tissue box to hopefully make it look like a tissue box. The paper was a heavy weight paper, so it should work just fine...and it did. I am proud that I made and designed a tissuebox hha. Now that, thats done I gotta start on my next project due on fridayy!! I think I have to design some sort of logo- not sure I have to look at the assignment!

Today at tea I got a letter from mom!! I absolutely love getting mail, because i never expect it!!! My RA distributes our mail to us every night at tea and I never get anything but today I did. I love it!!! My friends were amazed by the amount of stamps on it...5 stamps. I didnt even know it took that many to get here! Good to know haha. I know its a $1.50 to send a postcard home haha. The card was another one with a crazy, silly looking cats.. So funny! My friends enjoying seeing the crazy cards you send, and so do I... so keep writing!!

Mom.. or shall I say "mum"- sounds like you were busy this year with lots of teenagers! I'm very sad I couldnt be in on the fun this year at deep creek, maybe next year I mean I will be graduated!!! Glad to hear that you had heaps of fun. I'm soo glad you enjoy reading my blogs and keeping up, makes me want to write more and more!! Keep reading and I'll keep writing!! Mom, you asked for some photos of my dorm room.. so here they are! It's not much, really it has everything I NEED...and I'm not in here all that much. When I am in here, I'm usually sleeping or in bed on my laptop. But anyways, as requested here are the photos...






So, as you can see its not much!! But it has just enough for what I need.

Also, mom thanks for the extra cash...I'm really hoping they will work here though! But, I'll have to get you or maybe Ryan to activiate these cards for me since you have to call a US number to do so. Also it says "Use your gift cards at over a million buisnesses in the US where American Express Cards are accepted"...so I'm hoping I can still use them outside the US.

Thanks for the love and support!! I love hearing from everyone, and I'm sad I wont be starting school on Monday with all my friends at WCU! I miss ya'll and can't wait to see everyone in January!!! Keep reading and the comments coming! I love you all and miss you tons!!! Have a GREAT week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures of your room! Looks like it is just your size! Love you buckets - Mum