12 August 2007

BIG WEEKEND: 9-12 August 2007

It's been a fun and tiring week, and I have a lot to fill you in with...I'll begin with Wednesday!!

WEDNESDAY:

okay, so as you all know I had some kind of sickness on tuesday and my plan on wednesday was to get up and have lunch and go work up at uni in the graphics lab all day to get this project knocked out. So, I did just that except I didnt eat because I was hungry so I walked up to the uni and went to the library to try and find some images to scan for my tissue box design that has to be done by friday. As I was walkiing there I found myself sweating so I took my jumper off and was sweating with just a tshirt on, and it was still about 45 degrees out. I knew I was still sick but I had to get this stuff done. As I was researching for my project I found myself getting dizzy and lightheaded again- I wasnt sure what i was going on. I decided it would be a good idea to get some food in my stomach even if i wasnt hungry so I went to use the ATM- only to find that it doesnt work. But as I was using it, I blacked out again from getting dizzy and lightheaded so I decided to sit down a minute until I got some color back. I didnt know what to do because I knew I had to get this project done but I also knew the best thing for me was to lay down in bed until I got better. I ended up running into Sair, who lives with me and she took one look at me and decided she was going to take me back to the halls. She took me back and I went to bed until tea time, I talked to Lisa Paulie and Kiimba before I headed to my room and really I dont think I have ever felt like this- but we agreed that it may be some type of cultural shock. I told them that I tryed getting in to see the doctor, but they told me it would be another 2.5 weeks so I was just going to get some rest to fight this off. So I headed to bed until tea time.

When I woke up, i felt alot better and I was happy. I was very hungry since I hadnt eaten all day... and was ready for tea. I decided I felt ok enough for the Shibang tonight, so I was excited for the nights activities!! We went over and ate some tea but ate fast because everyone had to be dressed in blue and ready by 6:45 and meet in the lower common room...I threw on some blue jeans, a blue tshirt, and wrapped some blue material that I bought at spotligght around me to make me look even bluer. Everyone loooked soo awesome, we took pictures and headed out to where this shibang was tonight. I couldnt wait to see the other halls dressed up as well" Pryor hall in red, and Scott hall in green.

When we got there, we were assigned a designated area and hung up our signs and got pumped for the competition. We started with a game called scarecrow tag which is their version of freeze tag, then moved on to 3 legged race, obstacle course, dance or cheerlead routine,tunnel ball and some others. It was a fun night, and a good one. We came in last place and Pryor won but we were the smallest hall so it was excepted!



THURSDAY:

Today was a busy day!! I had class all day! I switched out of my multimedia class because I was learning the same stuff as I did in my production class last semester at Western. Anyways, I switched into a webdesign class, I was really excited about this one and learning how to make a website is something I have always wanted to learn. Anyways this class was at 9 am so O got up in enough time to get ready and meet the others who have 9 am class. We were all going to walk to uni together...unfortunately as we were leaving it started to rain so Lisa decided she was going to drive and Di and I rode along. Webdesign began at 9...and we all sat there for an hour waiting for the teacher to show up. They dont have any rules like they do at western were if the teacher isnt there after 20 minutes you can leave. Another teacher finally came in and told us he got an email from our teacher saying he will not be coming in today because he was sick. So after sitting there for an hour we left. I headed to the library to do some research for my project and scanned some images and sent them to my email. Then I went and met Jess, Ash, Jenn and Di for lunch at 12, because we all had class at 1. This class was the most boring class and it was sooo hott and it doesnt fit everyone in the class room.. its a tight room so I struggled to stay the whole time. But, I did and I was done at uni at 4 and walked on back to the halls to have a bit of a lay down until tea time.

When I got back to my room, I had a message from Georgia.. I was suppose to go and have drinks with her tonight at her place. She ended up being sick as well, so she had to cancel. But tonight there was this thing going on up at the SU, which is the student union. You were suppose to come in your pajammas and you could listen to the band they had play. They had a local band from Sydney called Sun Poilets come and play. We got there early and snagged some comfy chairs and made our spot. We listened to a student play for a little while because it was open mic until about 830. Itwas a fun night.. we all cozied up and ate lollies.I tryed sooo many different types of lollies.. hehe they were all soo good!! Lollies is what they call candy here. While we were there, Andrea who the head of BSA trips and tours told me that the trip next weekens is taking a bigger bus.. so I can go!! I am soo excited, a 2 day trip in a helicopter on the great ocean road!! AHH I can wait!!!! Its $85 to go, but its SOOO going to be worth it!! Anyways, We stayed until abouut 11 pm and then headed home for some SLEEP!!


FRIDAY:

Today i didnt go to class. I ended up emailing my professor when I was sick and told him that I couldnt get the project done because of my fainting spells. He told me not to worry about deadlines when I am ill and to just go and take care of myself. He told me to eat lemonn and honey and choclate to get my energy and health better. But he also told me not to come in on friday because it wouldnt be waste my time if I hadnt had the project done. So today, even though I was feeling alot better I didnt have to go to class :).

So today I went over to the dinning hall for some lunch, and then Di Ash Hilaary Lisa and I decided to go into town. We were trying to find the screen printer that is making our Mills Hall tshirt. Every hall gets a tshirt made for the year with everyone's name and a design of their choice. So this year we are having them on a polo footy tshirt and there is a footy layout on the back. It really is pretty cool. I'm excited about these shirts, another suvenior :). Anyways, the directions we were given were no good and didnt get us to where we needed so we ended up going into town and stopping at the information center and finally found our way there.


Kareoke night was tonight, the 1st night of "Big Weekend". It started at 7 pm and there was a bonfire before hand! I think its really funny and different how each event that is put on is done by Ressie Services.. which is the residenntial living here. During each event, alcohol is being sold or involved. That would NEVER happen back home- I think its pretty cool. Anyways a bunch of us just hang out by the bonfire hanging out and drinking until the Kareoke began, it was pretty fun and laid back. Kareoke begun and there was a pretty good turn out! It was fun, I had about two UDL's which is basically flavored Vodka. Once the show began I didnt want to leave, it was really funny watching everyone!! The show ended about midnight and everyone headed off to bed.

SATURDAY:

Today, I woke up with pink eye! My eye was all crusted and red and was very bothersome that I couldnt sleep. But nevertheless, Today was the second day of Big weekend, today there is sa 1/4 mile walk and a pub crawl tonight. The walk started at 11 am, so we had to leave around 10:30. Most of the hall didnt want to do it and was too tired...but Kalaan, Hiltop and I decided to go for it. We were the only one from our hhall that did it!! The walk finally began around 11:30. It was a pretty hard walk but it was the Walk for Cambolia... its a place that doesnt have much money. They try every year to raise money to help this town raise money to build a school for their children. I didnt raise any money, but I gave some donations as my help!!

Anyways the walk was up one tree hill. It is basically a hill that goes around and around with very step hills the whole entire ttime. You really get a work out even if you walk it with this. The first person who finished it, ran it in 33 minutes (male) and the second ran it in 50 minutes (female). Its pretty tough, it took us about 2 hours for everyone to finish it...walking or running. It was a good time though, I just walked and talked with everyone!! At the end they had a BBQ with eggs and bacon but i decided against this because I felt if I ate it, it would be a waste of the walk.. HAHA

When I got back to the hall, I went with Ash to pick up Di from the train station and get some lunch!! I was very hungry by this point. We just went to the market place and got some chinese, and then I picked up a few things at Big W that I needed. Then we just hung out and goofed off until later that night when we decided to get some beevies (beverages for the night). We didnt go on the pub crawl because it started at 8 pm and that was too early to go out so we meet up with people later and go out there later. We bought somme wine and some cruisers for the night.. and what a great night it was.

Because most of the halls was going to a ball for the footy club that most of the boys play for, we didnt think much of us would be together.. but it was soo fun.. We meet up with everyone after their ball and had a great time.. we went to Scu Bar first, but we didnnt stay there long because its really way too crowded there.. and then we ended up at a place called universal which is still very crowded but its bigger. We stayed out drinking and dancing until about 3 am.. when Sair and I decided to get a ride home because we were tired!! (Bars here dont close until 5 am). We had to wait in a taxi line for about 30 minutes before we could get a ride home.. and finally we did. We stayed up talking and drinking more for a while before heading to bed.It was a good. long night and I am glad I went out.




SUNDAY:

Finally, its sunday...TODAY. Today was the footy match that started at 10:30 am. I wasnt going to go because when I woke up I had a huge headache and wasnt up to it... but Lisa ran up and down the halls banging on everyones doors.. making everyone get up...because its fun and you cant miss it. So we all go up and as a hall headed to Maccas.. but I decided for subway instead! Then when we got there, they had us sitting in the shade and it was SOOOO cold. So we watched one game which we won and headed back to the halls to grab some blankets and jumpers. Now that we were bundled up we could enjoy the games. I tryed as hard as I could to try and understand the rules of Aussie Rules football. A score or at home in NFL would be touchdown is 6 ponits and then you can get 1 point for everything else. Its pretty confusing. But eventually we were allowed to get some food from teh BBQ they were making. I had some food and drank some water...they had free goon at teh footy match in which you could take at your own dispense. Alot of people didnt drink because last night was a big night for alot of people- but others were still drunk and kept drinking. I cant keep up with it! Anyways, I came home after the 2nd game and took a nap for about 4 hours and then got up and ate. It was another good night.

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!! Hope you all had a good one as well, next weekend I will be on a trip but ill tell you all about when I return. Miss and love you all...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hmmmm...it seems that this 'Sickness" only effects you when you need to go to class - you should skip the social events and get some sleep!! Mom