03 August 2007

Uni Week 2

This week was a good one, not too much happened but it went fast. Because I was so tired sunday night from my trip to Phillip Island it made it soo hard to get up Monday. I got up and had tea with the girls before heading off to ceramics- my only class of the day. A soon as I walked into the classroom, I was greeted by Georgia. Her and I got to know each other a little last week and had some of the same opinions of the class. Since we had a few minutes before our hour long slide lecture, we chatted and she showed me of another (shorter) way to get to Uni from the halls. She lives in a flat (a house) on Osbourne street which is very close to where I am staying. She offered to give me a lift home after class, and I thanked her and appreciated it. After the lecture we watched the professor in a throwing demenstration,and then a molding demo. Next class we have to decide which technique we want to use for our first project.

Tuesday I didnt really do anything but hang around the halls and watch some TV with some of the others. It has become a regular thing to watch "Neighbours" after tea each night. This show is drama central-but its really just stupid so I laugh at it. I enjoy the company of the girls, so even though i dont really understand what is going on in the show I try and figure it out. Wednesday even though I didnt have class, I needed to go to uni to work on a project that was due at the end of the week. My assignment was to design a two page newspaper spread for the "Uni News"- the University's newspaper. It took me quite some time to finish this in its perfection, but I finally got it done and was happy with it. When I was walking out the door, I ran into Georgia and she gave me a lift home again and we planned on meeting on Keck street- where she parks- tomorrow after my class. We have planned on going downtown to the art supply store to get the pottery kits that we needed and go to the supermarket.

Friday, today, was a rough and LONG day. I had my graphic design class in the morning. We continued to work on our designs for Uni News and he gave us our next assignmennt. This assignment was to design a tissue box according to four random words that he gave us. Mine are Germany, food, sports and Brown. I have no idea what I am going to do for my project but I have a week to get this one done- well I have a week for all the projects for that matter. My next class started at 1:00 in the next room to where I was. There was only two people in this class- me and another girl. The class didnt meet last week so I wasnt sure what to expect. But after attending the class I think I may email the teacher or talk to him about switching into another one of his classes...maybe webdeisgn. This class is EXACTLY like the video class I took last semester at Western and find it pointless to take a class twice. While I am abroad I plan on learning new things and not repeating the old. So, I will let you know how that works out.

Now it is the weekend, and I can already tell that it will not be a big one. Most people in the halls have already left to go home for the weekend. Last night I sat up and watched "Chopper" with some of us left in the halls. It is about this guy who kills millions of people with knives- even his best mates. I know exciting, right? It was a hard one to get through. Sunday is Open Day for our campus so our hall was nominated for walk throughs- there are going to be high school studennts walking through every 20 minutes. Its going to be annoying one...considering sunday's are everyone's sleepinng days hhaa. But oh well. I plan on keeping my self occupied with my book that I just recently bought. Its by Bill Bryson-he travels everywhere and each place he trtavels to he writes a book about it. I am reading the one about Australia and learning alot. It's called "In a Sunburned Country".

Just a small side note for my readers: Sorry if in some entries I sound like I am complaining or whatever. I am trying to give you the full experience of my experience. See the good and the bad. Know what to expect if you ever decide to come here!! So I just wanted to apologize if ever I sound like I am not enjoying myself. I could have not asked for a better experience, and things just get better from day to day! I am very proud of myself to brake out of my shell and make it to where I am and I am just learning everyday!

No comments: