02 September 2007

1 September '07: Figuring out the bus!

This weekend was a quiet but good one. Its one I think I needed. Lets see.. Friday i went to class, and keep in mind this is class that I thought I was falling behind in. Come to find out I was ahead of everyone and my project graphically was all completed. I changed a few things with the help and suggestions of my teacher. I was glad to be on top and ahead of things here. I decided to plan out my weekend to try to get my 3d projects donne. Since everyone had gone home for father's day there wasnt many people around so I was left with no choice but to try and figure out the bus system- although i hear its not a great one.

Saturday morning I woke up and was out the door by 11 only to find out that the next bus to Bendigo doesnt come until 12:50. So, I went back inside and dilly dallied until I could catch the bus. The bus only comes once every hour to bendigo from Spring Gully.. which is where I am. From here I found out that I had to get off the bus at Mitchell street and get on another bus that would take me to Eaglehawk Rd which is where Spotlight is. Spotlight is a craft store that i planned on getting the materials for my project at. At this point I wasnt sure how I was going to get back, but thought id just worry about that when it came time to. Of course me, being my, I missed the stop for spotlight so when we got to a red light I asked the bus driver to let me off here, because I missed my stop. I had to walk aways, but finally made it up the hill into a store called Spotlight. When I walked in, I just kinda walked around trying to find where things were and get ideas of what I needed to make the creature logo that I created in photoshop 3D. I took a picture of the printed piece just so i didnt forget anything to make him. I got some paint, some cardboard letters, some black string, moveable eyes, and a medium sized strofoam ball, some paint brushes, some luggage tags and some tacky glue. After getting all I needed, and spending too much money at a craft store and for an assignment I started thinking how unfair it is that we have to provide all our own materials for projects such as these. Art is such an expensive course!

After getting all I needed from spotlight, I made it down to the bus stop about 20 minutes before the bus came. I paid my $1.80 for the bus and hoped off at Mitchel street. From here, I had to walk home because the last bus came at 1:30 to go back to Spring Gully. It was alright, I found my way to Big W and got some pasta and water for tonight's meal and headed back past the train station and cemetary to get to the halls.

Once I got back to the halls, I realized my light was burnt out. I was going to have to wait until Monday to put in a maintence request for them to come change it out. But for now, I was going to have to work quick if I wanted to get my project done before it got dark and I wouldnt be able to see anything because the sun would no longer give light to my room. So, I painted the ball and made the eyes and let it dry until the morning when I'd be able to see better. For the rest of the night, I got some rest and watched some Family guy until I made it to sleep for the night.

Sunday, today, I woke up at about 8 am and called Ryan. He is up at Cullowhee this weekend because he had a job interview in Waynesville on Friday. HE GOT THE JOB!! So happy and proud for him. He starts in 2 weeks and will be making $30,000 a year. Now finally he's got a real job and he's so much happier. I think he's ready to make the change in his life. Hes moving to Waynesville next week staying with one of his brothers until he finds a place of his own...

Anyways, after I got off the phone with him I decided to do some more work on my project. HAH.. I stuck the eyes on and added the letters. Now, all thats left is the staple the mouth on. Not a hard project once I got the materials. Now I just have to find a ride to the hardware store- there is no bus that takes you out that way unfortunately! I have to get a piece of timber (wood) to paint my sign that I made in Illustrator onto. I'm going to find someone to take me this week and i'll be completely up to date with everything done.. and I can go along with my plans and go to Melbourne on friday to see the girls. and boys :) hhaa..

Well I'm going to make some dinna and get some work done.. but I love you all and miss you tons!

No comments: